Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fall is Here

We drove to Provo to the game yesterday and the fall folliage is beginning to explode like little froot loops along the West Mountains. I love fall! I love the feeling in the air, the warm days and cool nights, the leaves as they turn colors and then fall, and most of all the END OF CANNING! No, I really don't mind it too much...it's just that nothing else seems to get done until those bottles are all full. I do LOVE to see my pantry shelves lined with bottles full of the various produce that I have either raised in the garden or bought from a vendor. This is a great sense of satisfaction and makes me very happy.

I watched at the BYU game to see many people that I know were probably there...like Kelby, Tiffanie, The Burrs, and anyone else we know who are either fans or students there, but didn't see any of them. We did see some hometown people like Dahl & Elaine Brown, and Ked & Pam Nielson. It was good to see the Cougars dominate again this week. It will be a good year for them.

It was good to read Tarah's blog and hear about Kember's first school experience and how she loves it. I am excited to go to Pullman and welcome our 5th grandchild when he comes. I hope to maybe go with Kember to school for a day. It would be fun to be a Grandma helper for a day. Kris told me she did that with Madison and I think that sounds so fun. I'll also be able to see their primary program on the Sunday that I am there. This will be my first experience to watch my grandkids participate in something. This Grandma stuff is the BEST! Tarah, hang in there...I hope your sleepless nights will soon be only for nighttime feedings and then back to sleep.

We would love to report on Jed and Nanci's happenings...but, unfortunately we can never get them on the phone. WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?

The school year is going by so fast already. It is mid-term tomorrow (Monday) and so we are half way through the first quarter. The pages begin to fall off the calandar as fast as the leaves do from the trees and then before we know it it's Christmas and then another year is gone. But, it is all good and I am enjoying every minute of it. Life is wonderful!

1 comment:

Tarah said...

yea! an update! I love it! Kember would love to have you come to school with her...I'll try to figure out how everything happens..I know I have to get special permission to have you take her to the bus and get her every day (although, I'll be there, so maybe not...depends on if I can move or not :) Hope I didn't offend you with the picture suggestion...I noticed you took it off your blog..sorry. I love your blog though...keep posting.