Sunday, February 13, 2011

Passion for Life

Every once in a while I wake up to the fact that life passes so quickly and I will never be younger than I am today. Sometimes I just let life kindof slide passively expecting that things will happen for me......but, then I have a wake-up call and realize for things to happen I have to plan it, prepare for it, and make it happen. Tarah is such a good example of that. She planned a special Valentine weekend, lined us up to take the kids and then followed through with it all. It takes a lot of effort to plan something like that and arrange for 4 kids and keep it all a secret. Way to go Tarah! I hope it will always be a special memory. We enjoyed Kember, Caden, & Cole. They are sweet kids! We laughed at their cute jokes and Cole trying to keep up with everything Kember and Caden did, and Kember's mothering her little brothers and taking care of their every desire. I'll never forget their reaction to the snow when they first got here...or helping Grandpa feed and seeing the newborn baby calves. Riding in the mule and in the feedtruck without carseats (sorry Tarah, it was just long enough to feed).
Now then, back to my problem. I have started a new 150 things to do checklist. I have lost my old one from 20 some years ago.....but, I think that I pretty much killed that list with the exception of running a 10K. My new list says to run a 5K. SAD : { It's amazing to me how if I write things down I want to do no matter how crazy I think they are at the time, I start to gather information (consciously and unconsciously) and next thing I know I am doing it without even realizing how it has happened. Because it is in writing it somehow becomes a part of my life and when the opportunity presents itself, I am ready.
I have read and am still reading some great motivational books. 3 Cups of Tea, Mentor: The Kid and the CEO, To The Rescue, and Before My Heart Stops. The thing that all of these books or people have in common seems to me to be goals and determination to make those goals come to pass. Our faculty just accomplished our goal to walk to Maine and back. We took 2nd place and were pretty happy with that. Now that I am not counting every step I take (which I have done now for 3-4 months) I need to decide whether to continue or quit. I think I want to continue! I need to prep for that 5K I am going to run before I get much older. Maybe Nanci can help me train. She's the triathalon expert in our family! Here's to hoping she'll be close enough to help me do that.

No comments: