Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Was summer just a dream?

Well, we've been in school for 8 days now and it seems like we never left. I have been super buried at work. I have done 3 different accounts for each student in the school, made a record and barcode for 800 textbooks, redone 30 laptops twice (because we got new wifi in our school and we had to redo the firewall once before we realized we had to also re-access the printers), plus one day at home with the stomach flu (thanks Dan). But at least between stomach cramps I bottled 20 pints of apple jelly, cleaned out the bootroom (yuck), cleaned the master bathroom, and got my laundry done. I think that was more than I did inside my house all summer. One thing great about getting back to work is that I have a schedule back in my life and I know what I have to do and when I have to do it. That is really good. We went to the temple tonight and met some old friends there and went out with them to dinner afterwards. I love spontaneous outings! Wonderful evening. The chickens have finally started laying eggs.

1 comment:

Tarah said...

You did all that when you were sick?!? Boy, I just lay around on my couch when I'm sick. Look you go! Glad you have some routine, sorry about the flu (which is ironic that you got it, cause no one else in our family got it).