Tonight was our Stake High Priest Social and it was a miracle how so many people were fed on so little. Brother Shipley and his wife and the High Council were in charge of the food for the dinner. The Stake Presidency wives were all assigned to cook 50 baked potatoes which was really an easy job. The High Council were assigned salads and desserts. When it came time for the dinner to start, there were only 3 salads and a few desserts on the table and we were very nervous. We ran over to Barretts and bought a couple bags of salad and some brownies to stretch what we had and whew....we barely made it through and we hoped everyone had enough to eat.
Scott, gave some remarks after dinner and he had begged me for about a month that we needed to sing a song together. I always thought he was kidding and brushed it off and him off. A couple of weeks ago he said he would sing anything that I wanted to and for me to pick out a song and then he explained that he felt it would be an opportunity for us to prove a point that all of us need to get out of our comfort zones and do things that will stretch us. Well, when he put it that way I knew that we had to do it. I just shook my head all day today that we were really going to get up in front of the whole Stake and sing a song. I just had to put it away and not think about it so I wouldn't psych myself out. Well, we did it and hopefully the point was well taken and in the right way. So, tonight my growth has had a very large spurt and I have found that with the Lord's help we really can do just about anything!
2 comments:
yea for you! I wish I could have been there to hear it, I bet it was amazing. I'm glad the food worked out, I'm sure everyone got plenty.
oh, and i wanted to tell you that when you leave comments on other blogs you don't have to be annonymous. just click the google account circle and sign in like you do for your blog. you probably already knew this didn't you?
Post a Comment