It is funny how every spring is the same story. In the fall I am so sick of yard work and gardening that I kind of put it away and don't really finish. I am always so glad for the first frost (after I have bottled all I want). But then again in the spring I have this yearning to get out into the dirt and dig and plant. In the back of my mind I always think I am going to do better this year than I ever have and I have all these fantastic ideas. Some of my ideas in the past have come to pass (thanks to Scott, Dan & Jed). I now save alot of time by having a sprinkler system throughout my yard. I also turned a problem area into rocks so I have less to mow now. And one by one I have fixed some problem areas through the years. But there is always another problem that replaces the last one.
I suppose our lives are alot like gardens. We go along and get a little hum drum and then something comes along (conference or a spiritual experience or opportunity) and inspires us and we see clearly what we could become and decide to do better. We take those problems on one at a time and we can chop them out of our lives. We clearly have hope that things will get better and then we work towards that one problem at a time. Yes, I admit sometimes I get discouraged and think what's the use....the weeds are too big.....or they will just come back. But, I know better. Jesus Christ is our gardener and He knows what is best for each of us. I am so glad for the Atonement and forgiveness both or me and from me towards others.
PS: This is the Sunday School lesson post. I found it. Sorry, I am really preaching to myself when I go off on these tangents. This is my journal, remember?
No comments:
Post a Comment