After the kids all left on Sunday, Scott and I reflected all day on the fun we had with
the grandkids and the great late night talks with the grown kids. I am so thankful for
these times together and am realizing more and more that is what brings families close
for the generations is time together to work and to play and to plan. The grandkids are
familiar with each other and enjoy playing together. They do have their squabbles but
that is how they learn to reconcile (with their parent's help).
Scott and I were both sick Monday and slept and read most of the day. Today we are feeling
better but not quite there yet, so we opted not to attend the temple session is SLC with Tiffany.
I hope they have a wonderful experience and we are looking forward to their wedding day in February. It has been so fun to get to know Steve a little better as they stayed with us over Thanksgiving. They are a special couple. We will also miss not spending time to see Kathy and Mark and family. We love you guys!
It is snowing outside again today...a good day to clean and organize between bathroom runs. I downloaded a new book for Scott on the Kindle. It is called "Horse Soldiers" and he has started reading a new book. It's so great to see him reading in his spare time. I love it!
3 comments:
I've been thinking a lot about Christmas too! It was wonderful. I really enjoyed spending time with you guys and jed and nanc. I like the way this family dreams. Even if we never make it to Hong Kong on a cruise (or where ever else we spent half the night debating) we sure had fun dreaming about it! Thanks for the fun memories. The kids are still talking about it. Sorry to get you guys sick. I'd like to blame it on Jed and Nanci's family, but...I can't since we were sick too. Ah well. For me (since I'm not making frequent trips to the throne room like the rest of my family and yourselves) it was worth it, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Amen. We have a great family don't we? Its nice that we all like to be around each other and that we'll sacrifice our health and our sleep to have some fun all together. We are excited to see you guys again so soon next week. ;-)
We missed you too at the temple for Tiffanie. It was not a pleasant day for traveling, however so I'm glad I didn't have to worry about you trying to make it home that night. I was most surprised when Laurie showed up at the shower, but she said she had been in Provo doing errands anyway. So Louise, Laurie and Janelle represented my side of the family at the shower and Dale and Colleen were able to be at the temple with us also. But we will expect to see you there for the family dinner and wedding!
Love you lots!
Post a Comment