Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow, Snow, Snow

Let it snow. I am ready. December snow is so cozy and pretty. We woke up to snow this morning and it was so beautiful as I drove to work this morning with a white blanket over everything in the twilight of the morning. They say we are going to get 15 inches tonight. That would be the most snow we have had in a long, long time. I'll believe it when I see it. I am just really glad when no one I know has to drive in it very far. So, everyone be careful out there if you have to drive in snow.
We are reading "The Undaunted" together and so for FHE tonight we read about 3 chapters in our book on our kindle in the warmth of our house. Scott read to me while I made Christmas goodies to take for faculty treats tomorrow. The book is about the hardships of the settlers to San Juan and the Hole in the Rock experience. I have tried to imagine what it would be like to be a pioneer and we have been on 3 pioneer treks where we tried to re-enact those types of experiences ...but, I always knew after 3 days I could go back home to my modern conveniences. I felt especially thankful tonight to be born in this time with hot showers and warm (or cool) houses & cars and washing machines, etc, etc. It's a good book for everyone to read. Even Scott is loving it and he seldom likes to read.

1 comment:

Tarah said...

I came to comment, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a new post! Yea for new posts! Yea for warm (or cool) houses, and modern conveniences of every kind! Not so yea for the snow, but I'm glad you are enjoying it...someone has to!